7.3 Champions optimization list

Anything goes here! General and Wow related discussions are welcome here.
Saec
Site Admin
Twitch: swimasta

7.3 Champions optimization list

Post by Saec » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:56 am

Hey all, I was thinking about all of my champions and how to optimize them. I wanted to see if you guys had any input as well. I came across this link:
aka Saffy.

Calintyl

Re: 7.3 Champions optimization list

Post by Calintyl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:04 am

Now to start hoping to collect the increased success tokens... I've got Vargoth out with extra gold and resources tokens and the 20% boost is always nice. Not running combat allies with the Monk or Demon Hunter, but given how low they are on resources compared to Cal, I might do the same thing with them. Doing the daily quests and such I'm over 50k resources with Cal but hovering around 10k with Kieralynn and Natrix...

Kabbie
Twitch: zenspeed

Post by Kabbie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:02 pm

That guide is hardly necessary anymore.

With the introduction of Argus equipment, a third equipment slot, the Krokuul, and Lightforged Troops, my line up is far less restrictive, but these changes take time, depending on where you are in the storyline and how fast you can accumulate the new equipment. The best part putting Meatball and Morose on the bench: you're now getting +40-50% bonuses instead of the incremental ones we had in 7.2.

With Argus gear, your original champions start turning into absolute beasts: you simply match up the bonus equipment to whatever they can counter. For example, if your champion counters spells, you give them "bonuses against spells" equipment. This also means that blanket success stuff like the Momento of the Lightforged aren't as much of a priority anymore: if you have a spell-countering champion with a +30-90% increased success chance versus spells, your choices for that third slot are much more open.

For all champions, you can either just look at their counter and go all-out on that, or consider any secondary bonuses they offer and mold your gear around it. However (and this applies to all classes), so long as you can cover all your bases, it doesn't really matter who you pick when every champion can have a +50-120% bonus against their assigned counter. All of them can be groomed to have very good success rates on their own with minimal dependence on the expensive Argus troops.
People tell me I'm a bit condescending.

(That means I talk down to people.)

Maplefire
Forum Poster

Post by Maplefire » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:28 pm

I appreciate the list, Cal. I never took the time to optimize my champions, so this data is very helpful to me.

Calintyl

Post by Calintyl » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:02 am

Running allies with the following gear now that seems to get me by quite comfortably...
http://www.wowhead.com/item=152444/exal ... dar-hammer for the missions longer than 8 hours
http://www.wowhead.com/item=152443/sanc ... -the-light for the missions shorter than 8 hours
and a blanket +30% success with this one:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=152445/meme ... ightforged